- Always take pictures of the sky when it’s pretty, it probably won’t ever look like that again.
- Wear that skirt you like, even if you’re mom says it’s too short.
- Take off the dark eyeliner and nail polish once in a while, you’ll feel lighter.
- Chop off your hair if you want, it will grow back eventually.
- Count the freckles on your arms and draw lines between them, your skin is like the night shy.
- Sleep under six blankets with the fan on high in the middle of the winter, the sound is soothing.
- Tell that boy to stop touching your thigh, even if it is flattering.
- Say thank you and flash a smile when you’re sister says that you’re outfit is ugly.
- Raise your hand when you know the answer, even if the class is all upperclassmen.
- Read that book again, you’ll notice something you didn’t the first time.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine, you’ll get the jitters and bomb your math test.
- Wear pencils behind your ears, it’s convenient.
- Try to talk to people, it won’t kill you.
- When a cute boy tries to cheat off your test, write the wrong answers and change them later.
- It’s ok to feel happy, don’t let other peoples sadness make you feel bad.
"The people who are meant to be in your life will always gravitate back towards you, no matter how far they wander."
"I’m getting bad again but I’m too tired to care."
I wonder if you still rub your eyes the way you used to when you would first open them in the morning.
I wonder if you still get frustrated when people bother you when you’re trying to get ready.
I wonder if you still suck at doing something as simple as putting on a movie for us to fall asleep to.
Or make out to just so your roommate couldn’t hear us giggle.
I wonder if you still don’t wear t-shirts just because you hate the sleeves and how they look with your tattoos.
Or if you still don’t wear pants just because you’d rather be lazy.
Even though I think you do it because you know I’ll stare at you.
With or without pants.
I wonder if you still buy oranges just to remind yourself of me.
I wonder if you hold your pillow the way you held me. Because I do.
But just in case, if you might be wondering,
I do still roll my eyes at most of your remarks.
Because even though I know you can’t see me,
I pretend you can.
I still put Chris Browns music on just to close my eyes and see you dance.
I still try to cook food, even though it’s just to burn because We both know you’d do it better.
But what I hope
You’re wondering most of all,
Just like I am..
Is if you miss me the way I miss you.
Because I’m homesick.
And I know all you’re actually wondering right now,
Is if I’ll
And all I’m wondering is if you’ll open the door..